Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

#4HB Saves a life!!!!

So after posting an updated yesterday......I got this e-mail from my brother Charlie: Oh yes! I have a great story about a colleague of mine. He is 56 years old and started the 4HB plan in August 2011 after seeing my progress and success. He started at 275 lbs. and by January 2012 he was 235 lbs. and lost 8” around his waist. He became much more active….swimming, hiking and lifting weights…..activity he was not doing prior to the 4HB plan. He was in great shape and very happy. In January he had a heart attack due to a pre-existing heart condition with his aorta. He had been out on a leave of absence from the end of January until yesterday. We spoke about what happened and he told me that changing his lifestyle to the 4HB plan saved his life. The doctor told him that if he hadn’t lost that weight and hadn’t been as strong as he was….he would have died. He told me that was grateful to me for introducing him to the 4HB plan and talking to him every day about it. He now weighs 218 lbs. and he is getting stronger every day. He is so happy and blessed to be alive so that he can enjoy life with his wife and 11 year old son. It’s an amazing story and I’m so grateful to and that JT came upon the 4 Hour Body. It’s changed and helped all of us in our lives. I am happy that I have been able to pay it forward to my colleague just as JT has to all of us. Side note, I have been helping and supporting two other colleagues on the Facilities Maintenance team on the 4HB and here are their stats. - Colleague #1 – 55 years old, started on September 2011 at 231 lbs. and today is 188 lbs. - Colleague #2 – 57 years old, started on November 2011 at 255 lbs. and today is 226 lbs. Also, never take anything for granted. My colleague said that his hospital room was 120 ft. from the chapel and it would take him approximately 30 mins each day to walk one way. He found it very humbling experience. He is not a religious man, but he felt that the walk to and from the chapel to pray each day help him tremendously physically and mentally.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations on your weight loss. I also lost 25 pounds with help from the #4HB. Have you read his other book 4 Hour Work Week? I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete