Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THOUGHT PROVOKING

My sister in Law posed this in our "Google Groups"

"What do you guys see yourself doing when you reach your weightless goal?

I then answered with this below:

I think the question provokes a lot of thought. I can't really say that I have a definitive goal and after that and then here is what I am going to do. I base that on my own experience so far and the modifications I have made a long the way.

I had an original goal of 250 (lose 48 pounds), as soon as I got close I changed that to 238 (lose 60 pounds). After getting to 242.6.....I knew it was a matter of time (this month) I would hit the 238 goal. Based on the pictures and shape of my body...I know I can do better, so now I have a goal of 228 pounds (70 pounds total). The timetable I put on myself is this year.

I am pretty immune to any cravings (at least right now), but I do relish that FREE DAY on Saturday! Once I get to 228 I will start experimenting on mixing foods back in (like cheese) or I am thinking of adding in a cheat meal for dinner on Friday or even as previously mentioned a cheat day on Friday, but not go all out. I am challenge myself to become a better cook so that I can continue to eat this way but add more spice.

So I say all of that with some definitiveness, but at the same time.....this experience for me has been all about change and adjustments. So that being said, I am going to search for ways to apply these same methods in everything I do. I am more inspired than ever to read more, to learn more, to be better at my job and be better in my family life. As I look at Tim's Book I am going to try out some of the methods "reversing permanent injuries" once I reach that 228 mark.

I like Tim's philosophy that the diet is about experimentation...you have to create a base line (kind of did that already, but I have been adjusting it) that see how your body reacts to different things that you do.

That may sound like a plan that is a bit loosey-goosey, but I like it's flexibility.......but I am dead set at 228 and I will still to the diet (life style change) till I get there.

I think I answered the question...but I may have went off on a tangent there. Great thought provoking question Sina!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment